Dubai’s free zone the Dubai Multi Commodities Centre (DMCC) plans to launch Crypto Valley in the desert as the world’s largest ecosystem for cryptographic, blockchain and distributed ledger technologies – in Dubai, the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
Dubai has added an indoor ski mountain to this rapidly-growing city in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) so a massive Crypto Valley seems feasible. Though perhaps a new name might be apropos. CryptoDunes anyone?
They are aiming big.
- World’s largest ecosystem for cryptographic, blockchain and distributed ledger technologies to launch in Dubai.
- The agreement underscores DMCC’s support of the UAE Government blockchain strategy and development of the future economy.
- DMCC signed a partnership with Switzerland-based investment company CV VC on the sidelines of the World Economic Forum in Davos.
In a recent press release from the World Economic Forum (WEF) in Switzerland, the DMCC stated the ‘DMCC Crypto Valley’ will offer a variety of services including incubation for early-stage startups, co-working facilities, innovation services for corporate clients, blockchain and entrepreneurship training, education, events, mentoring and funding.
Signed on the sidelines of the World Economic Forum in Davos, the agreement sees DMCC work alongside both CV VC and its subsidiary CV Labs, to develop an ecosystem in Jumeirah Lakes Towers (JLT), DMCC’s business district, where over 17,000 companies are currently registered.
“DMCC is delighted to sign this agreement with CV VC, and launch the Crypto Valley in Dubai, at the very heart of Dubai’s leading business district,” said Ahmed Bin Sulayem, Executive Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, DMCC.
“Sat at the crossroads of the world, DMCC is a dynamic business hub that drives global trade through Dubai. The launch of the Crypto Valley in DMCC will enhance the city’s dynamic business environment, and support the wider strategy of the UAE Government to attract the innovators, entrepreneurs and pioneers that will shape the future economy,” he added.
The agreement commits both parties to collaborate and develop a comprehensive DMCC Blockchain Strategy that is aligned with the Emirates Blockchain Strategy 2021 and supports the Dubai Blockchain Strategy launched by His Highness Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Crown Prince of Dubai and Chairman of Dubai Executive Council.
“We are thrilled to move into the MENA region with DMCC as a strong local partner. In our opinion, the competence from Crypto Valley-based companies will support the ambitious goals and strategy to use blockchain in Dubai and beyond. On the other side, the capital from the MENA region could help to build even more successful projects and startups and foster the settlement of new blockchain-focused companies in the UAE,” said Ralf Glabischnig, Founder of CV VC and CV Labs.
“We are looking forward to bringing our strong partner from Crypto Valley to Dubai, like CoreLedger, inacta, Lykke, and Tezos which are already active in the MENA region,” he added.
Research from DMCC’s Future of Trade report found that blockchain could help reduce up to 20 percent of the actual physical paper costs associated with global trade, currently estimated at AED 6.6 trillion (USD 1.8 trillion). DMCC is a member of the Global Blockchain Council, established in October 2019 to explore, discuss current and future applications, and organise transactions through the blockchain platform.
- Dubai Wants to Clone Crypto Valley in the Desert – January 29, 2020
- The National Bank of Cambodia (NBC) to Launch Blockchain-Based, Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC) – January 29, 2020
- Swiss company Overfuture To Offer Tokenised Equity Crowdfunding (Security Token Offering) – January 29, 2020
- Leading Cryptocurrency Trading Solution Company Algoz to Provide Liquidity London Football Exchanges – January 28, 2020
- Global Commodities Blockchain Trading Platform VAKT Backed For $5m From Saudi Aramco Energy Ventures – January 28, 2020
- Token Taxonomy Workshop – – January 24, 2020
- Deloitte Bullish on Libra Project in New Report – January 22, 2020
- Busted: SEC Charges Blockchain Marketplace Founder Sergii “Sergey” Grybniak for Fraudulent ICO 2017 – January 22, 2020
- DC Blockchain Advocacy Group US Chamber of Digital Commerce Supports Telegram Vs. SEC Case – January 22, 2020
- BIS Forms New Central Bank Think Tank to Assess National Cryptocurrencies – January 22, 2020
- Bank of England Pondering National Cryptocurrency – January 22, 2020
- Infamous Online Gaming Community Clanbase to Relaunch With Blockchain Technology in 2021 – January 21, 2020
- Chainalysis: 2019 Saw More Cryptocurrency Hacks – Total Amount Stolen From Exchanges Dropped To $283 Million – January 21, 2020
- J. Christopher Giancarlo, former Chairman of the US Commodity Futures Trading Commission – January 21, 2020
- Ethereum Classic Labs Donates $1 Million to UNICEF Innovation Ventures – January 20, 2020
- Busted: SEC and U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of New Jersey Files Lawsuits Against Fraudulent ICO that raised $30 million – January 17, 2020
- Kenya Issues Second ICO Warning After Investors Lose €24+ Million Euro – January 17, 2020
- Neufund Wraps Tokenised Equity Crowdfunding Series B with Greyp Bikes raising €1.4m EUR – January 17, 2020
- U.S. Lawmakers Pondering “Crypto-Currency Act of 2020” – January 17, 2020
- New Blockchain-based Visa Token Service Set To Launch in 2020 – Set to Reach $1 Trillion – January 17, 2020
via Blockchain News https://ift.tt/2S0raHX